Use a SecureAccess Washington (SAW) account to access online services from state agencies with one username and password. You can use your SAW credentials to get or submit information directly on agency websites, or you can choose to login to the SAW website at secureaccess.wa.gov to find all of your services across agencies in one place.
SAW is used frequently by Washington residents and businesses to apply for a range of services from state agencies, update and report information, and complete secure transactions. The most popular services today are:
- Paid Family and Medical Leave
- File a tax return or renew a business license
- Apply for unemployment benefits
Get access to these services and many more by creating a SAW account.
Check If You Have a SAW Account
Since SAW is used by so many agencies, you may already have a SAW account and not know it. You can also have multiple SAW accounts with one email address. Check if you already have a SAW account by going to secureaccess.wa.gov, clicking Get Help, and entering your email address in the Username Reminder field. If you have an account, you will receive an email. If not, a message will pop up saying that your email is not found in the system, and you can proceed with signing up.
Hint: If you have multiple email addresses, you may want to search for each of them in the system before creating a new account.
Create a SAW Account
- Go to secureaccess.wa.gov and select Sign up!
- Enter your personal information in the fields provided.
Hint: Providing a secondary email address and a phone number will give you options for completing required security checks in the future.
- Create a username. The User ID must be 4 to 32 characters and is not case sensitive. You can also use an email address as a username.
- Create a password. Your password must be at least 10 characters, and include at least three of the following:
- Uppercase letter.
- Lowercase letter.
- Special character (e.g., $, %, #).
- Review your information (You may want to print this page for your records).
- Check the box next to “I’m not a robot” and click Create my account.
- SAW will send you an email. Find the email and click the link to activate your account. Enter your username and password and click Login.
Login to Your SAW Account
Since you’ll be using your SAW account to share private information with state agencies, you want it to be secure. That’s why logging into SAW requires two security checks:
- Enter your username and password and click Login.
- If you enter the correct username and password, SAW will conduct one more security check by sending you a verification code. If you provided multiple email addresses or a phone number when you created your account, you can choose how and where SAW sends the code.
- Enter the code you receive and click Submit.
Add Services to Your SAW Account
Once you login to your SAW account, you can find and get access to secure services from state agencies.
If you have used your SAW account on a state agency website, you will see the service you used listed on your SAW homepage and be able to get back to it from there. Many agencies have one or more secure services that you may or may not be able to access depending on who you are and your business with the agency.
- You can add services using a code given to you by the Washington State agency. You may receive a code from agencies like the Department of Labor & Industries, the Employment Security Department, or the Department of Revenue.
- You can browse by agency and choose from a list of services provided by that agency. For example, if you know your Real Estate License is from the Department of Licensing, browse by agency and find the Department of Licensing and choose professional licensing.
- You can search for services without knowing the name of the agency. For example, if you are applying for Paid Family and Medical Leave, you can browse services by name and add Paid Family and Medical Leave without knowing the name of the agency that provides the service.
Once you find your service, click Apply. Depending on the service, you may be asked for additional information. When you are registered, you’ll see the service listed on your SAW homepage. Click Access Now and Continue to leave SAW and go to the service on the agency’s website.