Electronic and Data Accessibility
- Small Business, Big Tech: Funding Assistive Technology in the Workplace (accessibility.com) - Provides a list of grants and programs for funding assistive technology in the workplace.
- Assistive Technology | DSB - Wa Dept of Services for the Blind
Create Accessible Documents & Communications
- Accessible Documents and Websites | DSB - Wa Dept of Services for the Blind
- Microsoft Office Products
- PDF Accessibility Overview (adobe.com)
- Overview of accessibility in Power BI - Power BI | Microsoft Docs
- How to make your next virtual meeting more accessible | Deque
Web Accessibility Basics
- WebAIM: Visual Disabilities - Introduction
- What is accessibility? - Learn web development | MDN
- 10 Web Accessibility Examples for ADA Compliance (audioeye.com)
- WCAG – Essential: Worldwide standards for web and interactive application accessibility.
- Authoring Tools Accessibility - make the authoring tools themselves accessible, so that people with disabilities can create web content.
Section 508 Revisions 2017
- Section 508: What is It and Why is It Important to You?
- Laws and Policy Quick Reference Guide | Section508.gov
- How to Update Agency Accessibility Policies - Learn which policy documents need to be updated.
- How to Identify User Needs - Learn how to identify user needs for ICT.
- Build Organizational Support for Accessible Electronic Content - Ensure your agency staff have the tools and training they need to produce accessible electronic content.
- Accessibility Requirements Tool - Automates the Revised 508 Standards Applicability Checklist; generates an accessibility reporting requirements template and customizable accessibility solicitation language.
- Revised 508 Standards Applicability Checklist (MS-Word, April 2018) - Use this checklist to document your accessibility requirements for information and communication technology (ICT) items.
- Determine 508 Standards and Exceptions - Step-by-step guidance on how to complete the Standards Applicability Checklist.
- Make your meeting accessible - Perkins School for the Blind
- Virtual Meeting Planning Document (windows.net)
- 5 Accessibility Actions You Can Take When You’re Moving Your Conference or Classes Online | American Foundation for the Blind (afb.org)
- American Foundation for the Blind (afb.org) - Resources for remote instruction and meetings.
Advanced Accessibility: Training Programs
- Deque University: Web Accessibility Training and Courses - For IT Professionals.
- WebAIM: Training Others - Accommodating Various Abilities and Disabilities - Accessibility in training platforms.